At St Botolph’s CE Academy, our vision is to deliver a Geography curriculum where children are inspired and enthused to find out about physical and human geography, both in the local area and wider world.
Through their growing knowledge and understanding of geography, children will enjoy learning about places, people and the environment.
By exploring their own locality and through studying others, they will learn how to deepen their geographical skills through enquiry learning, both inside and outside the classroom, which will prepare them well for their future.
What does Geography look like in our Academy?
Geography at St Botolph’s, has been designed to develop children’s curiosity and fascination about the world around us. Children investigate a range of places – both in Britain and abroad – to help develop their knowledge and understanding of the Earth’s physical and human processes.
We aim to ensure that all pupils can:
- Use maps, atlases and globes to locate countries.
- Demonstrate an excellent knowledge of location of places, physical and human features.
- Understand the geographical similarities and differences through the study of human and physical geography of different regions.
- Demonstrate confidence when using and applying subject-specific vocabulary to describe key aspects of physical and human geography.
- Effectively use a range of geographical skills including map reading, compass reading and confidently using grid references.
Primrose Vale, Knottingley, West Yorkshire, WF11 9BT